Tuesday 13 March 2012

Orphanage kids


Heres just a couple of photos from the orphanage we visit, its called Comfort K Toe. (I promise more soon)


The children are fantastic, we go every Friday, its definitely the best part of the week.


Second Chance have been doing play sessions with them to build emotional resiliency, also working with the teachers (there is a school there too) and caregivers to develop understanding of behaviour and parenting.  I have been mainly working on developing the curriculum for the Child Resiliency programme, and am doing some workshops with the teachers too.


I know these children above well, and when I am I there spend most of the time with several of them hanging off me.  Kebeh, the girl in the middle is in need of a lot of attention, she gets quite bullied by the other children and her behaviour can be challenging for the caregivers to manage effectively.  She is so sweet though, she has  been taken under the wing of the Second Chance staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment